Friday, February 5, 2016

What would have been next?

  • SG-1 primarily dealt with the earlier seasons of SG-1.
    • It consisted of 292 cards.
  • System Lords primarily dealt with the mid seasons of SG-1.
    • It consisted of 292 cards.
  • Rise of the Ori primarily dealt with the last two seasons of SG-1.
    • It consisted of 240 cards.

If RotO had been successful they would have began work on an Atlantis set. The early plan was to create two Atlantis themed sets. Unfortunately, we are mostly left guessing on what the new set would have focused on. RotO was the last set that was play-tested. The only glimpses to the Atlantis set were the three promo cards that were released. Two were team characters and the other was a support character. I always wondered what would have been. I feel like we were blessed with a large card pool for only having 3 sets. We had tons of variety in this game. But I would have killed to have had a chance to play an Atlantis set.

5 comments:

  1. Is this game still alive? I love this game!

    I have find my Starterdecks and I play with a frend a lot of Games in the last two weeks. And now I search for more cards. In my collection I miss 63 cards and a lot of promos. I hope I can find the missing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christian,

    I wish the game was still alive! I played the game actively for about two years. I have played a ton of card games over the years and this is still my favorite! I post every now and then but real life keeps me pretty busy. I am glad you and your friend have been having fun with the game!I have extras of a number of promos and cards from the sets. Feel free to send me your want list and I will see what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anubis,

    I send you a Mail this evening.

    I love it, why the way to win the game isn´t to destroy your opponent, but you have to solve missions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I was only a play-tester on the last set. I found out about the game when it first released and stumbled upon the only local store to carry the product. What I didn't know was that a group of original play-testers were running tournaments there on a regular basis. The leader of the group and I got along and he liked the way I brought some different mechanics to the game. He offered me a spot on the team. So, I wasn't around for the first two sets. I always thought that the win conditions were really well done. I think that they fit with the tone of the show. The show wasn't really about destroying everything all of the time. They did a bunch of "solving missions' and had some smaller battles against "adversaries".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you get my mail?

      If I have the chance to get some Boosterboxes?

      Delete