Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Impressions

 
This was my first impression of Stargate TCG. I had been reading a Scrye Magazine when I had happened upon this add. I was immediately pulled to it because of the fact that I was a fan of the tv show. I had not bought or collected a card game in years. I put it in the back of my mind to try out the game when it came out. It was awhile before the first set released. I had been searching Ebay like I do whenever I get bored and I came across someone selling cards from the first set. I didn't buy them because I am more of an instant gratification type of person. I went to one of our local malls and was able to buy 2 starters and a handful of boosters at a card shop. I was so excited. It felt great to open the starters and to look at the cards. I loved the design on the cards. Lots of information conveyed in easy to understand ways. I immediately went to my friends house and we read the rule book. The rule book did not take nearly as long as some of the other games I had played in the past. We began to work our way through the first game. This was 3 years ago now so I don't remember which starters were my first ones. I do remember enjoying the game but thinking it was a bit slow. Even though it had some down sides I was hooked. I didn't really know how hooked at the time. But I eventually found a group to play in. We played tournaments on a weekly basis. I found out new tips and strategies. I bought a couple of booster boxes and the remaining starters I was missing. I remained active through all 3 sets and even became a play tester. But that's an article for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment